Monday, April 5, 2010

New Custom Frames

This week I purchased a few blank MDF frames for $1.99 at Michaels. I always thought they were a great idea, but I never really did anything with them, until now. I like my crafts cheap, easy and fast, this project covers all three. Today we will be working with: 1 blank MDF frame (or any flat frame), decorative scrapbook paper, scissors, small screw driver, paint brush, paint and Mod Podge.



I placed my scrapbook paper face down on a table and traced it. I then cut paper along the outlines.I then painted the entire frame with two coats of paint that coordinated with the scrapbook paper that I was using. I used a blue on one frame and green on the other. After the paint was dry, I brushed Mod Podge on the face of the frame and placed the paper face up on top of the Mod Podge. I pressed down on the paper with my hands and rubbed all over it to avoid air bubbles. After the Mod Podge was dry, I brushed Mod Podged over the top of the paper and the sides and back of the frame, then let it dry. For my flower frame, I took a two flowers and hot glue them onto the front of the frame. Walla! I love my custom frames.











This frame is going into my son's room it matched the rest of the decor in his room.




















No comments:

Post a Comment