Cake Pops, Cake Pops, Come and Get Your Cake Pops!!
The Two Savvy Sisters were vary daring and took a stab at baking cake pops for our mom's 50th party. I must admitted it took hard work and patience but it paid off...they were a HIT!!!
Our inspiration came from Bakerella.com they have amazing cake pops!!
Pictures from Bakerella.com
These lovely cake pops took forever to make but well worth it!!
We used cake mix, cream cheese, pink candy melts, and sticks.
1. First thing first is to bake your cake. I made two cakes...then cool.
2. Once the cake is cool crumble it up and add cream cheese to the cake.
3. Then make small balls out of the cake mix and place them on wax paper. Make sure the balls are not to big because they will fall off the stick. OOPPS we made this mistake lol!!
4. Then put the sticks into the balls and place them in the freezer for several hours.
5. Next put the candy melts in the microwave on low for 30 seconds stir and then 30 seconds again until melted.
6. Now time for the fun part!! Dip the cake into the candy melts, cover it and then make a spinning motion until you like how it looks.
7. Then stick them in foam so they will stand up straight next put them in the refrigerator.
8. Once they are hard you can tie ribbon around the stick, placed them in a vase with foam or whatever your little heart desires!
They went soooo fast, everyone LOVED them!! The cream cheese made them so YUMMY!!