Monday, August 23, 2010

Cupcake Recipe Of The Week~Monkey A-Rounds

Cupcake Recipe Of The Week~Monkey A-Rounds
 I am designing, baking and prepping this week for my best friends son's first birthday! Mason is having a monkey party, so I thought I should share these adorable monkey cupcakes that I am going to bake for his party!!

Picture and recipe via Fun Stuff Cupcakes


Monkey A-Round Cupcakes
1 package Chocolate cake mix
Desired color food coloring
44 chocolate disks
Small black jelly beans or chocolate chips
Black string licorice



Preheat oven to 350 and mix all ingredients, bake for 21 to 23 minutes and let cool.
1. Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting
2. Pipe circle of yellow frosting in center of each chocolate for ears and for face. Use jelly beans for eyes, cut licorice for nose and mouth.
3. Use toothpick or knife to pull up frosting for hair.

Buttercream Frosting
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon meringue powder
1 tablespoon milk
1 package powdered sugar

Beat butter, vanilla, and salt, next add meringue powder and milk. Gradually add powdered sugar, beat at high speed until frosting is light and fluffy! Next you can stir in food coloring until you get your desired colors.

I am also going to be baking matching monkey cake pops, sugar cookies, and Candice will be dsigning his adorable monkey cake!!

I am also designing matching monkey cupcake toppers, favor tags, and banners...here is a little sneaky peaky!



Don't worry I will share a ton of photos of the party nest week...so fun!!


Happy baking, if anyone decides to bake these adorable cupcakes I would love to see pictures!!

5 comments:

  1. You know I love all things monkey! LOL These are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these monkeys!! visiting and following from Tuesday Tag along. WOuld love to have you visit me!
    -joy
    mommaskindacrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these for my son's third birthday and he LOVED them! Thanks for the idea. You can see pictures here:
    http://www.pbandjoy.com/2010/09/monkey-cupcakes.html

    Thanks!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO cute! I know they're for little kids but I'm going to make them for my boyfriend (the big kid). Thanks for the idea!
    ~Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi to all, it's genuinely a nice for me to go to see this web site, it contains priceless Information.

    Here is my page :: Get More Information

    ReplyDelete