Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dining Room Table Makeover

My old beat up Ikea table was in desperate need of a makeover...let the fun begin!! First thing first was to clean it up get all the old marker and crayon stains off of it :) then I sanded that baby down! Then I sanded each chair down which took me forever, thank goodness I have an electric hand sanded...my BFF! My next step was to prime, oh boy this took me forever I did one chair each night so that they would dry.







My next step was to start painting it black. I used a black satin that I bought from Lowes. I painted three coats and let me say this took me FOREVER...but it was worth it. I love my new dining room table it looks great with my table runner and candles!

2 comments:

  1. Did you use spray paint on the chairs or brush it on? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra, I used a Purdy brush for the chairs, they are my favorite brushes!!

    ReplyDelete